The weekend of January 9 & 10, Dr. Jack Hale, his wife, Marti, and an employee, Jackie, were here representing Friends of Haiti to thank our parishioners for their past financial help and for the donations of much needed over-the-counter items. We were made aware of two other needs for infants and teenage girls. These projects will require purchasing specialty fabrics and other items to make kits to give to families. How can you help? We need the following items to help make up the kits:
- Hotel-size bars of soap
- Girls panties sizes 10-14
- Ziploc gallon freezer bags
- Spools of colorful, soft ribbon, about 1/2–inch to 7/8-inch in width
- Velcro – white, pink, or blue
- Elastic – ¼-inch or ½-inch wide
- 100% polyester thread, any color, not white
- Cotton wash cloths - any color, not white
- Funds to buy specialty fabrics (we would love to accept donations of fabric, but there are many restrictions, so please call Lori in the parish office if you wish to donate fabric or funds to buy the fabric)
If you sew, have a serger, or would like to help cut out the patterns we need, please contact Lori at 865-7844. There will be a green bin in the Gathering Space to drop off your donations.
Depending upon the interest, we may get together once or twice a month for an afternoon to cut patterns, sew, and package the kits. Again, contact the parish office if you can help!